Those of you that have been around for a while now probably know that I have a little obsession with makeup. I keep it on the down-low for the most part because home decor and DIY will always be my main squeeze. That’s what I started this blog and it’s what the vast majority of my posts are about. But every now and then I like to mix it up a bit and share other things that I love. I think you guys like a bit of variety too, so today I want to share my all-time favorite makeup products. I’ve actually had a lot of requests for this over on Instagram and I’ve been meaning to do this post for months now, but I never got around to it. Well the day has finally come and I’m really excited to chat about fun girly things. The products I’m sharing today have been in my makeup bag for a long time and they’re all things I absolutely love and use on a regular basis!
My go-to look is usually a soft brown smokey eye. I don’t use a lot of color and I like to keep things pretty neutral (shocker, I know) so this is what my makeup looks like most of the time. Well, I should say this is what it looks like when I have more than 12 minutes to get myself ready, which doesn’t happen very often. And since I have crazy sensitive skin I usually have to be very careful with what products I use on my face. Just about anything can break me out, but I’ve found that higher end products typically do much better on my skin. It’s definitely worth the extra cost to keep my skin clear and in a good mood!
Click on any image below to shop:
- Tula Illuminating Serum: I talked about this stuff in my skincare routine post, but I absolutely love this serum. I use it every morning before I put on my makeup. It’s made a big difference in the overall appearance of my skin–the texture is better and my skin glows. This serum is amazing. (My discount code for Tula is still good for a few more days–get it in this post.)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer: This is my favorite primer. I’ve tried a lot of them over the years, but I love how this one smooths out my skin and blurs fine lines. Plus my foundation lasts much longer when I use this, which is exactly what I want.
- Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer: I’m a bit of a foundation junkie and this one from Clinique is hands down one of my all-time favorite foundations. I’ve been using it for about a year now and I loooooove it. Amazing coverage, doesn’t break me out, and it doesn’t get greasy on my skin. I highly recommend this foundation.
- Real Techniques Complexion Sponge: I use this to apply my foundation and under eye concealer. I always think my makeup looks so much better when I use a damp sponge and this one is awesome.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer: This is the best under eye concealer I’ve ever tried. It covers up my dark circles like a champ without getting dry and cakey, which a lot of concealers do. And one tube will last you forrrrrever. LOVE it.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer: Since my skin is so sensitive I have to be really careful about what bronzers I use. Many of them break me out, but this one from Tarte is awesome. It’s matte, which I love, and it lasts a really long time on the skin. Plus it’s highly pigmented, which means a little goes a long way.
- Bare Minerals All Over Face Color: I’m not a huge fan of blush, so I love using this powder when I want a hint of radiance to my cheeks. I have a few of them, but the one I really like is called Glee.
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder: This is easily the best setting powder I’ve ever used. I apply it to my under eye area to lock in my concealer and also on my t-zone. It has some kind of light diffusing magical ability, which helps to diminish the appearance of lines and texture. All good things.
- Josie Maran Plumping Butter: I’ve never been much of a lipstick gal, but I got this plumping butter in a kit from QVC about a year ago and I immediately fell in love with it. This stuff is AMAZING. I have it in the color Embrace it Honey and it’s the most gorgeous shade. Plus it’s super moisturzing because it has argan oil and honey in it. Sooooooo good. This is my second tube, I’m obsessed.
- NYX Butter Gloss: I love this lip gloss in the shade creme brûlée. It’s a great drug-store lip gloss that isn’t overly shiny. Definitely a favorite!
Click on any image below to shop:
- Almay Intense Eye Liner: I love this eyeliner in the shade Brown Topaz. I think it’s the perfect brown eyeliner. I usually use this on my lower lashes in my waterline.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: If you want a good liquid liner that doesn’t smudge, you gotta try this stuff. It’s super easy to use with the brush tip and it definitely lasts all day! Best liquid liner I’ve tried.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette: I’ve owned this palette for probably five years now and I use it allllll the time. It’s full of beautiful neutrals and brown shades that are perfect for a natural look or you can easily make a dark smokey eye with this palette. My favorites are Buck, Darkhorse, and Hustle. This is definitely worth the money!
- BareMinerals Eye Shadow: Another favorite eyeshadow of mine is Sex Kitten from BareMinerals. This is a dark brown shade that has a hint of copper to it–perfect for a smokey eye. I absolutely love it and I use it in my crease a lot. And this one little container will literally last you years and years.
- Brown Script by Mac: If I had to choose just one eyeshadow to wear for the rest of my life it would be Brown Script by Mac. This is what I wear 90% of the time. It’s the most beautiful matte chestnut brown shade that works well with any eye color. I’ve tried to find a dupe for it at the drug store but I’ve yet to find anything that compares to this. It’s absolutely gorgeous and definitely my all-time favorite eye shadow. I use it all over my lid and on my lower lash line too.
- L’Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara: I’ve tried a lot of high-end mascaras and honestly I’ve never found anything that was worth the money. I love this one from L’Oreal–it’s a great lengthening mascara and it doesn’t get clumpy at all. But if you really want your lashes to look amazing try getting a lash lift and tint. I’ve had it done twice now and it’s LIFE CHANGING. Trust me, you will love it.
- Anastasia Brown Definer: This is my holy-grail brow product. I was hesitant about spending so much on a brow pencil, but once I tried it I was hooked. It’s very pigmented, so a little goes a lot way. Nothing beats it.
- Gimme Brow Gel: I got a small tube of this a while back and I instantly fell in love with it. If you haven’t tried a brow volumizing gel you definitely should. This stuff works like magic to make my brows look fuller and thick. I use this a lot when I don’t have time to use my brow pencil and it works really well.
- Brow Drama Pro Palette from Maybelline: I wanted to include this brow palette because it’s not only affordable, but I use it every day to fill in my brows so I can make my pencil last longer. I love this little palette and it’s a great option if you don’t want to spend a ton of money on a brow product!
That’s it for my favorite make-up products! I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe got a few new ideas for yourself. I always enjoy chatting with you guys about things I love and I think it’s fun to mix it up every now and then. Makeup is just another another way for me to be creative and it’s one of the best things about being a girl, right?! I think so. Anyway, thanks so much for dropping by the blog today. Your support really means so much and I feel incredibly blessed to have each of you here every day! Big hugs from me to you! xoxo
A few other posts you might enjoy: