Hey hey and happppppppy Friday!! How was your week?? I hope it was full of wonderful and happy things. Our week was a little slow over here, but that’s a-ok with me because that’s exactly how I wanted it. We didn’t have anything big that needed to be done, so things were easy breezy and very relaxed. The kids played in the sprinklers, painted rocks, and did lots of other random summertime activities. It was awesome and so much fun. But I gotta say–I feel like summer is already slipping away from me. Somehow we are already over a month into break and once July starts we only have six weeks left. SIX WEEKS. That is hard to believe. I hate how fast this time of year goes and I feel like I have to be really intentional about making the most of it and enjoying my time with the kids. I often struggle to find that work/life balance, but I’m giving myself more grace this summer and it’s nice. Anyway, enough rambling–let’s get on with today’s Friday Favorites. I realized it’s been a while since I’ve shared some recent favorites, so let’s do it! I have a bunch of random stuff to share today.
I was in Target the other day and I picked up a set of these enamel dinner plates from the Hearth and Hand line. I wanted these for eating outside this summer because my kiddos LOVE to eat out on the back patio as much as possible and these are perfect for that. They’re heavier than paper plates, but more lightweight than ceramic which makes them great for picnics too. I also picked up these little gingham serving trays because they were just too darn cute to pass by.
I recently got these large pillows from With Lavender and Grace and I’m crazy about them. You guys know how much I love WLG pillows–I have them EVERYWHERE. They are such great quality and I love the farmhouse look. These larger pillows have a summer-y, beachy vibe with the sand colored stripes.
TJ Maxx New Home Items
I noticed that TJ Maxx just released a bunch of new items for summer, including lots of furniture, so I browsed through the home section and picked out a few favorites. And FYI–they offer free shipping over $89 with the code ship89:
- Lately I’ve been practically living in these utility shorts. They are SUPER comfortable. I have them in the light pink and gray colors.
- I ordered this water table for the kids and they LOVE it. It’s just a fun outside activity and somehow this little table keeps them occupied for a long time. The older two are also still loving these plus-plus blocks.
- I mentioned in my summer goals post that I was getting started with essential oils and so far it’s going really well. I’m a month in now and LOVING it. I’m especially obsessed with the Thieves cleaner. Yesterday I made an easy DIY soft scrub using 1 cup baking soda, 15 drops lemon essential oil, 2 teaspoons vinegar and 1/4 cup Thieves cleaner. It’s AMAZING and totally toxic free.
- I had several questions about ordering oils and the Thieves products, so I made this page here to help if you’re interested.
- This week I started getting up really early to give myself some alone time before the kiddos are up for the day. I used to do this a lot before Ava was born, but it’s something I haven’t done in well over a year now. And it’s been AMAZING. I read my First 5 devotional, drink coffee, turn my diffuser on, get some work done, and plan out my day with the kids. It’s pretty incredible how that early morning time impacts the entire day.
- We are still loving this cordless vacuum cleaner for cleaning up crumbs and messes in the kitchen. I literally use it at least two or three times every single day!
- Yesterday I snapped this photo of Ava sitting at the table in our kitchen and it made my heart skip a beat. The quality isn’t great, but this one of my favorite photos EVER. Side note–I cannot believe this baby is going to be one in just a few weeks. This year has gone by so fast!
Well that’s a wrap for me today. I know this was super random and kinda long, so thanks for hanging in there with me. I hope you enjoyed a look at some of the things I’ve been loving lately. Now I’m off to enjoy the weekend with my little crew. Go have a fabulous weekend and I’ll see you all back here Monday! xoxo
More Friday Favorites Fun. Aka FFF. That’s a technical term: