You guys, my heart is breaking watching all the news coverage of the disastrous hurricane in Texas. I just can’t believe how much devastation has been caused by Hurricane Harvey. An unprecedented number of people in the greater Houston area have been impacted by the flooding. It’s just been so terrible to watch all the children and families being rescued from the flood waters. I went to bed last night thinking about what I could do to help, and feeling a bit strange about carrying on with normal life with so much heartache and tragedy happening just a few states over.
I really cannot imagine being evacuated from my home and losing everything. It’s just so heartbreaking. I’ve thought about donating to the relief for a few days now and finally decided to do it this afternoon. I donated to Convoy of Hope but I wanted to put together a great list of places you can donate to if you also feel called to help:
- Houston Food Bank–-you can make a donation designated for disaster relief.
- The American Red Cross–you can donate online or text 90999 to donate $10. The organization is also asking for volunteers.
- The Salvation Army—providing food and clothing to victims seeking shelter
- Convoy of Hope
- The Texas Diaper Bank
- Austin Pets Alive
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund by Global Giving
- Houston Coalition for the Homeless
- Feeding America
- Reach out to your local church and see if they are putting together any donations for the hurricane relief. Many are even sending care packages and food.
I’ll be praying for everyone impacted by this terrible storm. God bless the great people of Texas. xoxo